BAKED SOLE CORNWALL
- 4 small sole, fillets about 1 pound total weight, cleaned and scaled
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 dash lemon juice
- Season the fish both inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan; slice the onions coarsely in rings and soften them in the oil for about 10 to 15 minutes, without allowing them to brown.
- Put half the onions over the bottom of an ovenproof dish and lay the fish on top.
- Slice the tomatoes and lay them over the dish.
- Now spread the onions on top and sprinkle the oil over everything.
- Add the parsley and lemon juice.
- Season again lightly and cover the fish with kitchen foil.
- Bake at 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F. Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes for small fillets, 35-40 minutes for larger fillets.
- Serve as it is, in the dish.
Click here to translate this page into several different languages