GREY MULLET WITH GARLIC, LEMON, AND THYME
- 4 grey mullet each weighing about 350g/12oz
For The Marinade:
- Juice of one lemon
- 120ml/5fl oz olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 garlic cove, finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
For the sauce
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- 1 orange
- 50ml/2fl oz water
- Slash the fish three times on each side cutting down to the bone. Place in a dish which is not much bigger than the fish itself. Mix together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the mullet. Leave to marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill the mullet for 6 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the dish to a warmed serving dish and add any cooking juices to the marinade. Pour the marinade into a small pan. Add the anchovy, grated rind of ½ orange and juice of the whole orange and the water. Bring to the boil, whisk a little and pour over the fish before serving.
Click here to translate this page into several different languages