GRILLED FRESH MARLIN with MANGO PINEAPPLE RELISH
- canola oil, as needed
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2-1 each jalepeno, small, seeded, minced
- 1 each mango, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 each lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbs. cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 6 6-oz Marlin steaks (or fresh sword, tuna, halibut, shark)
Lightly brush or spray marlin steaks with a little oil. Place the marlin steaks on a clean hot char-broiler. Grill the marlin steaks to desired temperature.
Mango Pineapple Relish: Can be done ahead of time. Saute onions in small amount of canola oil until translucent and sweet. Add in the minced jalepenos and diced pineapple. Saute a couple of minutes to bring out the natural sugars. Next toss in the roasted red peppers and diced mango. Remove pan from the heat and add in the tequila. Slowly bring back to heat and flame the dish. Add in the fresh lime juice and finish with the fresh chopped cilantro. Save in glass or stainless dish until marlin time.
Place grilled marlin on plate, spoon small amount of the mango pineapple relish on top of the grilled marlin. Enjoy your catch!
Click here to translate this page into several different languages