Make sure you have lots of crusty bread to sop up the juices. An Australian cup is 250ml and a tablespoon is 20ml.
- 180 ml dry white wine (3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime rind, finely grated
- 2 kg medium black mussels
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 fresh red Thai chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups coriander leaves, loosely packed
- Heat wine in a small saucepan until hot.
- Add sauce and rind; remove from heat and stand, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile scrub mussels and pull away the beards.
- Heat oil in large saucepan; add ginger, garlic and chili. Cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add wine mixture and mussels and simmer, covered for about 5 minutes or until mussels open (discard any that do not open).
- Stir in half the coriander.
- Spoon mussels and broth into large serving bowls, sprinkle with remaining coriander.