Click on the item to learn more
Yellow Baby Clam
(native little necks)
Horse Neck Clams
YELLOW CLAM CURRY WITH PINEAPPLE
- 1 Small half ripe pineapple
- 3 cups stock or water
- Large pinch of white sugar
- 2 tbsp thick tamarind water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lb clams, purged of sand
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 10 dried red birds eye chillies, soaked & drained
- Large pinch salt
- 1 tbsp chopped galangal
- 4 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped red shallot
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- First make the paste by putting all the ingredients into a blender and blending to a fine paste, adding a little water if needed.
- Peel the pineapple and cut into quarters. Discard the core and then coarsely chop the flesh.
- Bring the stock or water to the boil and season with sugar, tamarind water and fish sauce. Dissolve 2 tbsps of the paste in the stock and cook for a minute.
- Add the pineapple and, when softened, the clams. Simmer until the clams have opened (discard any that remain closed). Finish with the lime juice. Serve with plain rice and some raw vegetables, cucumber, and baby spinach.
Click here to translate this page into several different languages